Friday 30 August 2013

The Gardens of Delargo Towers - August


At last me dears, I might be able to do me blog.
What with Picasa and Blogger both being compete bitches I have struggled to up load me pics and to write my blog but where there's a will there's a way. So here we go, me lovelies. The garden in August.



It was difficult to capture the colours in the morning light but we are so pleased with the boxes at the front this year.


The Cosmos have had a little to much nitrogen and have grown like Topsy.


 ...but no flowers as yet.


The 'Gladdies' Jon bought for £1 last year might not have done too well then, but have made up for it now.







With the flush of midsummer over the Hibiscus has come into its own this month




A second flush on the Delphiniums and Geranium:



Our strawberries bode well for next year in their new home in Essex. 



...while the sweet peas are on their last legs...



The lovely Verbena is about to have a second flush too:


Our original Pelargonium from our last estate is rather large now; cuttings need to be taken soon.


The Regal Pelargonium from the Greek florist on the corner has done very well this year too. It has been in flower from early spring till now and hopefully will be till the first frost.


Asarina - What can I say about this plant? I just love it. Dainty and fragile-looking but as tough as old boots:


Gown from seed, mistaking it for a completely different plant.


 It comes up every year and by the time we get to mid late summer becomes the star of the show, just as some of the others are fading a little.


...as do the Fuchsias.



Well there you are, me dears. Just time for our little Yorkshire gnome to say -
t t f n.

To save you asking he is called Donny, and is from Doncaster.



...and as a P.S.
A taste of things to come next month

toodle-oo

Pip pip.

2 comments:

  1. A proud achievement, indeed. Jx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I may have complained about Picasa but at least they are still hosting my photos unlike the evil photo bucket who took them all down
    I have now completed my repairs and have all me garden posts back and working.
    Now for the rest of the posts
    ttfn

    ReplyDelete