Thursday 30 June 2016

The 'Delargo Towers' Garden - June

Well me dears here we are again, as you may know from the last post, me blog has been a bit "dormant" from April to September! Please bear with me while I catch up.



June was the month for the foxgloves. We grew them from seed last year and had a few flowers then. 
We definitely will sow them again this year.





To our great joy Geranium pratense ' Purple Haze ' (from seed!) has flowered at last, and was well worth the wait.




Allium cristophii



One of the new Aquilegias ("Swan" mixed ).




We have decided to create a "hot border" using mainly reds, yellows and orange;
I think we have made a good start so I'll keep us posted on how we go.




I have always wanted a red hot poker (Kniphofia). They remind me of Devon and Cornwall when I was little. These came from the £ shop last year and have flowered for us this.


Geum - "Blazing Sunset"


Oxalis valdivensis


We treated ourselves to a couple of new pelargoniums this year: "Lord Bute" and "Aristo Orchid" - both Regals; a few red 'Ivy Leaf' pelargoniums,  along with the lovely "Global Stars and Stripes". Also new to us was "Calliope Dark Red", a cross between zonal  geraniums and ivy leaf geraniums.




Our collection of dahlias came through the winter and they are growing away.


"Lord Bute"


Osteospermum - my nephew's first ever cutting taken in Brighton a couple of years ago and now a rather large plant:


And to close, a rather fab mushroom growing on a recycled cardboard plant pot.



There we are then, me dears.
Now to catch up with July...

ttfn

3 comments:

  1. It's rather nice, as the weather turns grim, to be taken back to the beautiful summer... Jx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Photos restored / replaced 26 / 02 / 2019

    ReplyDelete