Tuesday 29 September 2015

Film Noir.

Hello me dears, 
as some of you now I do love my old films and on the whole not keen on many after the 60s.
When we first moved to London all those years ago I imagined visiting the B.F.I. to get a regular fix alas that was never to be. far to many films I didn't want to see or they where on at times and dates that weren't possible for me.

So to make up here are a few faves from one of my fave genres. Film Noir. 
At random as usual. Click each film title for more info

 The Letter (1940)




Double Indemnity (1944)




To Have and Have Not (1944)





The Lady from Shanghai (1947)





Mildred Pierce (1945)





The Maltese Falcon (1941)




Witness for the Prosecution (1957)




The Big Sleep (1946)




And of course
What Ever Happened to Baby Jane? (1962)






 To be fair to the BFI I am sure all these films have been on at some point but with out me.


Appendices

This started as a 'top 5 ' but went over budget even so and as kindly pointed out how could I exclude -











There - better now.

Any more thoughts or additions would be appreciated

ttfn

3 comments:

  1. I think I might offer "Sunset Boulevard" and "Gilda" into the mix... Jx

    PS fabulous photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Photos replaced 10th April 2019

    ReplyDelete