Wednesday 30 July 2014

Random Wanderings

Hello again me Handsomes',

Things are settling down a bit now after the move and with a change of job next week, I have had a couple of weeks off unexpectedly. Here are the results of my random wanderings. They are all taken on my phone and often from the tops of buses so please excuse the quality.

No we are not in Amsterdam early. This is me in Maida Vale W9.


Fleet street and the Strand from the top of a bus.





Now onto rural Tottenham.



and the Lee Valley.


One of my fave water side pubs, the Ferry Boat Inn.



This leg of my wanderings ended at Black Horse Road tube station, and the famous WW1 'Battle Bus' just happened to be going past belching smoke - click for more info


A trip to Holloway Road to buy vinyl floor covering led me to this Art Deco gem of a pub, The Coronet:


Richmond at random




To our surprise and delight the Royal Barge "Gloriana" just happened to be going past on the Thames as we walked to Ham House.




After crossing the Thames on the little ferry, we carried on to Twickenham past Orleans House -



Walking on we past Eel Pie Island -



And on in to  Twickenham for some well deserved food and of course a pint.


Two days later, and after five and a half hours on the ("Gold Standard Express") Mega Bus, I arrived in Plymouth, shaken but not stirred.


I love the Barbican. It's one of the few areas of Plymouth that has any character. This is New Street - well it was new when the first Queen Elizabeth was on the throne...



Looking out past Mount Batten towards Staddon Heights and out to sea.


Two old favourite watering holes. The Dolphin and the Navy.



Plymouth Gin has been produced here since 1793:



Having "touched base", there was just time for a quick pint before seeing Mother.



Bless her.


Back to London and reality, Through Archway and on into Finchley for my final redundancy meeting.


I am being made redundant! Hey Ho.


Being back home after a very short visit to the South West, there was only one thing for it -  PASTIES! Soul food for us 'Janners'.


Yum.  
Well, there tiz me lovelies, one month squashed into one post.


Till next time


ttfn

x

3 comments: