Thursday 24 March 2011

Tony's singular adventures - Woolwich Ferry

Well me dears, I have started a blog so we go!
Mostly I have my day of in the week while all my chums are working during the day which can be a bit dull so  occasionally I set off on a mission to explore the less obvious aspects of the wonderful city I live in, London.

Here is one such adventure from September last year: 'The Woolwich Ferry Adventure'!

After starting off on the Greenwich penisular and being rather underwhelmed by the dome I set off by bus to find a pub on my 'must visit London pub list' It didn't look promising. The area just got bleaker and bleaker.

In the foreground is a structure to give insects a place to live and the one behind people.
In a little oasis saved from the developers I found the Pilot Inn,. and  what a little gem it is.

After fortification in the garden I set of for Woolwich Arsenal.


Then on to the ferry:

It was Fab! Bracing but fab, and a great view of the barrier too, well worth the trip
I thought about going back under the Thames via the foot tunnel:

But it was getting late and cold so I set off by bus again and got totally lost

I didn't want to go to Beckton and never want to go there again.
The DLR got me back to civilisation and then home -

An adventure in deed

No comments:

Post a Comment